Are you looking for an exciting getaway in the Atlanta area? Then boat rental is the perfect activity for you! With its stunning waterways, Atlanta has become a popular destination for adventurous travelers. Get ready for an incredible boat rental experience in Atlanta!
Types of Boats Available for Rent in Atlanta
Atlanta offers a diverse range of boats for rent to cater to the varying needs of locals and tourists alike. From party pontoons to luxury yachts, experience the thrill of cruising down the Chattahoochee River and beyond.
The following are some of the available boats:
- Pontoon boats: Ideal for groups, families or parties, these boats come in various sizes and can accommodate up to 15 people. They are perfect for swimming, fishing, or simply lounging in the sun.
- Jet skis: For adrenaline junkies, jet skis offer an exciting way to explore the river and its surroundings. They are available in single and double-seat options.
- Luxury yachts: For those seeking a more posh and leisurely experience, luxury yachts are available for hire. They come with top-of-the-line amenities, including air conditioning, entertainment systems, and comfortable seating.
For a unique experience, consider renting a houseboat and spend the day or night on the water. Explore the nearby islands and coves or take part in water sports such as wakeboarding or tubing.
Pro Tip: Make sure to book your boat rental in advance, especially during peak season, to ensure availability and avoid any last-minute disappointments. Don’t forget to bring sunscreen and water to stay protected and hydrated on your adventure.
Discover the best boats for rent in Atlanta and explore the city and its surroundings from a unique perspective. Learn how to get up on a wakeboard and enjoy the thrilling experience of gliding across the water.
Image credits: extremesports.biz by James Woodhock
Top Boat Rental Companies in Atlanta
Boat Rental Atlanta: Discover the Best Options
Looking for the best boat rental companies in Atlanta? Check out our top picks!
Here are 4 of the best options:
- Lake Lanier Boat Rental
- West Point Lake Boat Rental
- Harbor Landing Boat Rentals
- Paradise Rental Boats
Each company offers a variety of boats at competitive prices, ensuring a memorable boating experience for all.
Looking for unique details? Some of these companies provide additional services such as fishing equipment or jet ski rentals.
Did you know that Lake Lanier is the largest lake in Georgia? Source: https://www.lakelanier.com/
Image credits: extremesports.biz by David Duncun
Rental Fees and Rates for Boats in Atlanta
Boat Rentals in Atlanta – Prices and Rates Explained
Boat rental services in Atlanta offer various pricing options depending on the type of boat and the duration of the rental. Take a look at the following table for an overview of the different boat rental fees and rates in Atlanta.
|Boat Type||Hourly Rate||Daily Rate||Weekly Rate|
For unique features like wakeboarding and water skiing, an additional fee of $50 per hour may be charged. It is essential that renters have a valid boating license to rent a boat.
A fun fact about Atlanta’s boating scene: Lake Lanier, located just outside of the city, hosted the 1996 Olympic Canoe and Kayak slalom events. Visitors can now rent canoes and kayaks for their own adventurous experience.
So, whether your goal is to learn “how to get up on a wakeboard” or enjoy a peaceful day on the lake, boat rentals in Atlanta offer diverse options to fit any budget.
Image credits: extremesports.biz by Adam Arnold
Boat Safety Guidelines
Boating Safety Measures to Ensure Enjoyment and Safety on the Water
Once you set off on a boat, it is your responsibility to ensure your safety and of those around you. Here are some essential boating safety measures that should be followed.
- First and foremost, always wear a life jacket and ensure that everyone on board has one as well.
- It is also important to stay sober while operating a boat.
- Paying attention to weather conditions and making sure that the boat is equipped with necessary safety gear like flares, radios, and fire extinguishers is equally important.
- To ensure maximum safety, always maintain a safe distance from other boats, docks, and any obstacles that could pose a danger.
- In addition, always operate the boat at a safe and legal speed, and make sure to respect no-wake zones.
It is equally important to be familiar with the rules and regulations of the waterway you’re boating in. Each waterway brings its own set of challenges and unfamiliar territories.
If you’re new to boating, it’s a good idea to take a safety course to learn basic safety measures, how to read navigational markers, and how to respond during emergencies.
Don’t miss out on the enjoyment and memories that can be made on a boat by neglecting proper safety techniques. Following these boating safety measures will allow for a fun and memorable experience for everyone involved.
Lastly, if you’re looking to learn new skills like how to get up on a wakeboard, it’s important to take lessons and be supervised. Safety should always be a top priority while on the water.
Image credits: extremesports.biz by Joel Washington
Best Places to Go Boating in Atlanta
Boating enthusiasts in Atlanta can indulge in the city’s diverse waterways. Some of the most sought-after spots for boating include the Chattahoochee River, Lake Lanier, and West Point Lake.
- Chattahoochee River – This river is perfect for those looking for a relaxing and scenic boating experience. The river flows from north of Atlanta to the border of Alabama, offering plenty of water to explore and admire.
- Lake Lanier – Located just an hour’s drive from the city, Lake Lanier is popular for its crystal-clear waters and offers plenty of activities like water skiing, tubing, and fishing.
- West Point Lake – This pristine lake is situated in northeastern Georgia and offers over 26,000 acres of waterways, making it perfect for aquatic adventures.
For a unique boating experience, visitors must try their hand at wakeboarding and learn how to get up on a wakeboard while on the waters. It’s an exhilarating activity that adds to the fun.
Pro Tip: Visit these spots early in the day to beat the crowds and enjoy more time on the water.
Image credits: extremesports.biz by David Duncun
Booking a Boat Rental in Atlanta
If you’re interested in renting a boat in Atlanta, here’s what you need to know. To secure a rental in Atlanta, follow these three simple steps:
- First, choose a rental company that specializes in boats, like Boatsetter or Lake Lanier Boat Rental.
- Second, determine the dates you wish to rent and the type of boat you want.
- Third, provide a government-issued ID and a credit card to secure your reservation.
When booking a boat rental in Atlanta, it’s worth noting that many companies have unique offerings. For example, some companies may offer tubing and water skiing equipment rentals. Additionally, some rental companies include fuel costs in their rental rates, while others do not. Be sure to consider all available options when making your decision.
If you’re looking for suggestions, consider taking a boating safety course before your rental. Knowing the rules and regulations of the waterways can help you avoid accidents and legal issues. Additionally, if you’re new to boating, take advantage of any instruction or training offered by the rental company. Learning how to get up on a wakeboard can be a fun challenge, too. It’s also important to remember that alcohol and boating don’t mix, so plan accordingly. By following these tips, you’re sure to have a great experience when booking a boat rental in Atlanta.
Image credits: extremesports.biz by James Jones
FAQs about Boat Rental Atlanta
1. How do I rent a boat in Atlanta?
There are several companies that offer boat rental in Atlanta. You can search online for boat rental companies in the area or visit local marinas for recommendations. Once you find a rental company, you can contact them to inquire about their rental policies, pricing, and availability.
2. What types of boats are available for rental in Atlanta?
Boat rental companies in Atlanta offer a variety of boats for rent, including pontoon boats, jet skis, wakeboarding boats, fishing boats, and more. You can choose the type of boat that best suits your needs and interests.
3. Do I need a boating license to rent a boat in Atlanta?
Most boat rental companies in Atlanta do not require a boating license to rent a boat. However, some may require you to complete a safety course or provide proof of boating experience before renting a boat.
4. How much does it cost to rent a boat in Atlanta?
The cost of renting a boat in Atlanta varies depending on the type of boat, rental duration, and other factors. On average, you can expect to pay around $250-$350 for a half-day rental and $400-$600 for a full-day rental.
5. What is included in a boat rental in Atlanta?
Most boat rental companies in Atlanta provide life jackets, safety equipment, and basic instructions on how to operate the boat. Some may also offer additional services, such as fuel delivery, catering, or guided tours for an extra fee.
6. Can I cancel or reschedule my boat rental in Atlanta?
Yes, you can cancel or reschedule your boat rental in Atlanta, but it depends on the rental company’s policies. Some companies may require a deposit or have strict cancellation policies, while others may offer more flexible options. It’s important to read the rental agreement carefully and ask questions before booking to avoid any surprises.